How we protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Thinking Body Institute Media follows generally accepted standards and practices to protect the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) transferred to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. In addition, our website utilizes the following privacy and security provisions:
- Thinking Body Institute Media will never share, sell or rent your name, address or e-mail address to other organizations.
- We use Malware Scanning on a daily basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your PII is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Any financially sensitive information you may supply to the Institute is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL is a proven coding system that allows your browser to automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us.
What Personally Identifiable Information (PII) we collect and why we collect it
- Products you have recently viewed.
- Your shopping cart items.
- Your screen display choices, which may be saved for approximately one year.
When you decide to place an order with us, we will ask you to:
- Provide your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number.
- We will not request any charge card information but rather we rely on PayPal’s system for our financial transitions.
To process your order, we will additionally collect:
- Your location, IP address and browser type.
We will use the above information for purposes that apply to your purchase, including to:
- Estimate the sales tax you may owe if the purchase is made in the State of Arizona.
- Estimate your shipping charges for you, before you place your order.
- Prepare to send your order to the proper address.
- Provide you with information about your order and respond to any concerns.
- Respond to your requests for a refund or return.
- Prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations.
- Improve our store offerings.
We will store your PII only as long as we need the information for the purpose of processing your order. General information pertaining to your orders (your name, email address, billing address and shipping address) may be stored for as long as two years for our tax and accounting purposes.
Who has access to your PII
Members of our team at the Thinking Body Institute Media Store have access to the information you provide us. For example, our administrators can access:
- Order information including what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it was sent.
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
What we share with others
We share information with PayPal so that they may process our orders through their financial transaction network. Your credit card information will not be stored or processed on the TBI-Media.org server. In order to process the payment for your purchases, we will send PayPal your purchase amount and the Personal Identifiable Information they require in order to complete the financial transaction. Please use the links below to read a complete description of PayPal’s privacy and security measures.
View PayPal’s Security Policy »
Other privacy considerations
“Analytics” refers to information resulting from the systematic analysis of data or statistics. The website software we use (WordPress.org and WooCommerce.com) does not collect any analytics data. However, our web hosting service does collect anonymous analytics.
TBI-Media.org provides users with secure “contact forms” for submitting requests for assistance or further information. We may keep contact form submissions for a period of time to address user concerns or improve our customer services, but we will never use the information submitted through our contact form for marketing purposes.
Last revised: November, 2018.